Reading Notes: 7 secrets of Vishnu, Part A


Fastforward to 1:20 to get to the good stuff


This week I decided to change my note taking up a bit so that I could learn as much as possible when watching the video. So below I have provided my rough notes that I took while watching the video.


  • Mohini is the female version of Vishnu 
  • enchantress, temptress, but not a nymph 
  • Known for being bale to seduce sages and demons 
  • Gender is a vehicle to communicate metaphysical ideas. 
  • Material: tangible that can be perceived through the senses 
  • Typically representing using through female form 
  • Spiritual: Intangible reality that cannot be perceived 
  • Typically representing using through male form 
  • Apsara enchants to distract humanity from spiritual reality
  • Mohini enchants to draw humanity’s attention to spiritual reality within material reality
  • Spiritual reality and material reality is best expressed through the interdependence of a man and woman. These two things are best explained as a couple 
    • temple walls usually have images depicting this
  • Purusha (vishnu)= god (saves the world cant perform without her) (, Prakriti (lakshmi)= Mother Nature (wealth personified) (has no purpose without her) one cannot exist without the other

After learning more about the interdependencies of the spiritual and material, I think it would be interesting to write a story about the Purusha and Prakriti, or Vishnu and Lakshmi, realizing they work better together and need one another to be succesful. I dont know if I go about this by researching and seeing if there are other material and spiritual couples in the hindu religion and then making it like a hunger games theme and having them fight to the death, or if I just make it a trial and error dating story. I could also do a story based off of Mohini being an enchantress. When I hear of her story and that she lead lovers to their doom it makes me think of the evil mermaids from Pirates of the Caribbean they always talked about. I think that I have two decent potential Stories from the video!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Week 6 Story: Sleeping Aurrie